The mission of The Bridge House is to provide a safe and therapeutic alternative community living environment in which women can focus on their recovery. Support resources are not designed to police the House community but rather respond to incidents and issues that create problems and challenges for residents at the Bridge House. We work to ensure the community standards are upheld as well as facilitate residents in responding to conflicts, personal issues, and disagreements that might arise within the house. Resident are encouraged to be a part on working to build a cohesive community where they feel comfortable, valued, and respected. Most importantly, Residents are encouraged to strive to maintain a community where everyone knows each other and feels truly at home. Mental health counseling is not provided to residents. Please consider this carefully when applying and referring potential applicants to The Bridge House. The admission criteria are as follows:
Applicants must be at least eighteen years old, motivated for recovery and be able to live independently and safely with limited supervision.
· The Bridge House is not a treatment facility or a substitute for mental health treatment. Residents are required to be enrolled in a local treatment program during the day or maintain an outpatient treatment team relationship to support their recovery. Refusal to participate in treatment will prompt reconsideration of appropriateness for continued stay at The Bridge House.
· Collaboration with the resident’s treatment provider is required and residents must sign a release to speak with their treatment team and emergency contacts.
· Residents are required to develop with their treatment team a plan to address their common behaviors that may arise for them outside of treatment. This plan must be shared with The Bridge House.
· Residents must be psychologically stable and not engaging in self-harm behaviors that require medical care or have active suicidal ideations or plans.
· Residents must be medically stable and submit negative TB testing and Hep A screen or immunization.
· If taking medications, residents must be able to independently administer their own medication and attend to their own medical needs.
The Bridge House is a drug and alcohol-free facility. Residents are encouraged to abstain from alcohol and drug use while residing at The Bridge House. Residents with a history of substance abuse are strongly encouraged to attend NA or AA or addiction treatment as recommended by their treatment team. Residents who relapse and are in need of a higher level of care will need to find housing more suitable for their needs.
Fees and Payment
The cost of residence at the Bridge House can be paid on a weekly or monthly basis. Please call to discuss fees.
Payments forms accepted are noted below payable to The Bridge House
PayPal to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alternative payment plans will need to be discussed and approved.